1.19.2011

01.19.11


At work, one of my least favorite jobs is taking out the linen. Not because of the job itself, but rather because of how I feel while I am doing it. Typically this is done at the end of the shift, which for me is around 6am -- coincidentally the same time that the physicians are on the unit doing their rounds. Some will say hello, but most will walk by me without saying a word, and I wonder if it is because I am the one taking out the dirty linen. I want to tell them that I have been in school just as long as they have, and that they shouldn't feel like they can ignore me...but I don't. It is a great daily reminder though that no matter what your station is in life everyone deserves a hello.

2 comments:

  1. What a good reminder for us all! HELLO Anna:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah good call! (i felt similarly while doing my custodial work)

    ReplyDelete